8:45 to 9:40 a.m. Doors open. Check in at the registration table in the lobby. Continental breakfast and coffee/tea service will be set up inside the auditorium.
9:45 a.m. Opening remarks.
10:00 a.m. Keynote session by Brian MacDonald from National Braille Press
10:45 a.m. Brief break for coffee, tea, etc.
11:00 a.m. Panel with questions and answers on accessibility, moderated by Sarah Bourne with John Rochford, Jennison Asuncion, and John Croston.
12:00 p.m. Lunch (on the second floor in the area to the left of the doors). This year’s menu includes vegan and omni chili, a variety of wraps (some in tortillas and some in lettuce), tossed salad, and fruit salad. All condiments and salad add-ons will be on the side.
Tables and chairs are set up around the second floor, including a large area down the hall from 2211 (Bunker Hill) where you can set your things and eat.
Note: The break-out sessions will take place in rooms 2211 (Bunker Hill), 2207 (Back Bay), and 2217 (Copley Square). In addition, there are numerous smaller rooms (without projectors) if people want to sit and chat or hold off-the-cuff sessions.
1:00 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Back Bay (2207): Inclusive Design Thinking Workshop (Moe Kraft, Erich Manser)
- Bunker Hill (2211): Introduction to Accessibility (Mark Sadecki)
- Copley Square (2217): Accessibility, Digital Publishing, and Web Standards: An Update (Deborah Kaplan)
1:45 – 2:00 p.m. Break.
2:00 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Auditorium: Checking a Website for Accessibility (John Croston)
- Bunker Hill (2211): Accessible Documents: What’s the Best Format? (Sarah Bourne)
- Copley Square (2217): Roundtable Discussion: Hackathons, Programming, and People Who Are Blind (Moe Kraft, Cheryl Cumings, John Rochford, Erich Manser)
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Break.
3:00 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Auditorium: Automated ICT Text Simplification for People with Cognitive Disabilities: Update (John Rochford, Dr. Ping Chen, Fei Wu, Dr. Soussan Djamasbi, Mina Shojaeizadeh, Peter Fay)
- Bunker Hill (2211): Designing for Low Vision (Aaron Leventhal)
- Copley Square (2217): Accessibility Tools Crash Course (Luis Garcia) Slide Deck
3:45 p.m. Closing remarks and clean up.