8:45 to 9:40 a.m. Doors open. Check in at the registration table in the lobby. Continental breakfast and coffee/tea service will be set up inside the auditorium.
9:45 a.m. Opening remarks.
10:00 a.m. Keynote session by Mike Paciello
10:45 a.m. Brief break for coffee, tea, etc.
11:00 a.m. Panel on the Teaching Accessibility Initiative, moderated by Mike Paciello, including Mark Sadecki (EdX), Sara Hendren (Olin College), and Peter Fay (IBM).
12:00 p.m. Lunch (on the second floor in the area to the left of the doors). This year’s menu includes vegan and omni chili, a variety of wraps (some in tortillas and some in lettuce), tossed salad, and fruit salad. All condiments and salad add-ons will be on the side.
Tables and chairs are set up around the second floor, including a large area down the hall from 2211 (Bunker Hill) where you can set your things and eat.
Note: The break-out sessions will take place in rooms 2211 (Bunker Hill), 2207 (Back Bay), 2217 (Copley Square), 2228 (Mt. Auburn), and 2229 (North End). In addition, there are numerous smaller rooms (without projectors) if people want to sit and chat or hold off-the-cuff sessions.
The official schedule will be determined on the day of the event. See Sessions for titles (and possibly descriptions) of the sessions we already know about.
1:00 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Back Bay (2207): Introduction to Accessibility by Kathy Wahlbin
- Bunker Hill (2211): Beyond VPATs: Improving Accessibility Assessment in Procurements by Sarah Bourne
- Copley Square (2217): Automated Testing with aXe by Dylan Barrell
- Lechmere (2224) Choose your Cheerios Wisely: Best Practices in Mobile Application Development for Neurodiversity by Sassy Outwater
1:45 – 2:15 p.m. Break.
2:15 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Back Bay (2207): Automated ICT Text Simplification for People with Cognitive Disabilities by John Rochford, Dr. Ping Chen, and Tong Wang
- Bunker Hill (2211): Usher Syndrome and the Accessibility Needs of the Deafblind by Molly Watt
- Copley Square (2217): Everyone’s an Engineer by Toni Saylor
- Lechmere (2224): Sustainable Accessibility by Preety Kumar
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. Break.
3:30 p.m. Break-out sessions.
- Back Bay (2207): An EASY button—the Ultimate Accessibility Tool by Cliff Tyllick
- Bunker Hill (2211): IBM Inclusive Social Learning by Peter Fay
- Lechmere (2224): Accessibility and the Language of Love by Dale Cruse
4:45 p.m. Closing remarks and clean up.